Tuesday, April 07, 2009

New Interns for 2009


Hello, my name is Chloe Simons and I am one of the new interns at 518 Memorial Foundation.


I’m really excited to be starting my second year in Korea! Last year I lived in Seoul whilst volunteering at another human rights NGO and teaching English to support myself. During my stay in Korea I learned a lot about Korean culture and, most importantly, about human rights in Asia.
I hope that my time with 518 will allow me to build on my knowledge and experience of Asian human rights. The more I learn about human and civil rights situations around the world, the more I realize how much work there is to be done. Although sometimes it can feel hopeless, it is also true that a lot of progress has been made through the dedication of human rights NGOs and the commitment and sacrifice of Asian citizens. Through my work with 518 I hope that I too might be able to contribute to the development of freedom and human rights in Asia.
Finally, I’d like to thank 518 for giving me this opportunity and for making me feel so welcome in Korea.




Subash Adhikari, a new intern from Nepal, working in Informal Sector Service Centre (INSEC) human rights organization as an IT Officer. He has been working since 2005.Insec is an organization working for the protection and promotion of social justice since 1989.

I feel being as an intern in May 18 Memorial foundation will learn more about the human rights, restoration of democracy in South Korea and international Solidarity. He wants to gain more practical experience in the international organization. The knowledge gained from here will definitely help him a lot for him and implement those in Nepal.Subash likes visiting new places new people, making friends, travelling and learning many new things.

I would like to heartily thank May 18 Memorial Foundation for providing such an opportunity.

1 comment:

Pete Erlano Rahon said...

hi chloe, hope to see this article posted as well in the English website of the foundation.

enjoy your internship, must be very busy these days...

just send email to me should you need some help...

Support Amnesty International